Committees are truly the backbone of this association. Our not-for-profit association is run by the committees below, made up of members from all aspects of DPHA: reps, dealers, manufacturers and professional members. Our committees are always looking for eager and willing members! If you are interested in joining a committee, or have any questions, please reach out to DPHA Staff.
Co-Chair: Kim Frechette (Americh) and Dennis Mezzapesa (TCB Sales)
The primary responsibilities of the DPHA Awards Committee are:
- Improve communicating nominations criteria, benefits of participation and the overall quality and quantity of nominations
- Recognize outstanding accomplishments in the decorative plumbing and hardware industry
- Create industry awareness of the program and winners
- Spotlight exceptional individuals, companies and products
- Involve the whole Association in the process of nominations
- Publish the Product of the Year Guide
This committee meets for 1 hour the first Monday of the month via Zoom.
(formerly Marketing Committee)
Co-Chairs: Phil Hotarek (Lutz Bath & Kitchen) and Oliver Bleich (Vella, DBA KEUCO Americas)
The primary responsibilities of the Engagement Committee are:
- Recruit and retain DPHA members
- Marketing the benefits of DPHA membership to members and prospects
- Develop promotional videos to promote membership and conference participation
- Develop promotional products and enhance DPHA’s brand
- Sponsor regional meetings (if possible)
This committee meets for 1 hour the fourth Monday of the month via Zoom.
Program + Showcase Committee
Co-Chairs: Rich Campbell (Belmont Hardware) and Gary Erickson (Renaissance Hardware)
The primary responsibilities of the Program + Showcase Committee are:
- Secure talent and educational offerings for conference
- Marketing and promote event attendance and participation
- Create engaging and interactive schedule of events for conference
- Build and promote luxury product showcase with best-in-class exhibitors and products
- Plan and promote Awards Gala for association
This committee meets for 1 hour the third Monday of the month via Zoom.
Professional Development Committee
Co-Chairs: Cynthia Carter (Next Generation Marketing) and Eric Phelps (Engineered Stone Group)
The primary responsibilities of the Professional Development Committee are:
- Update Education Program manuals
- Promote participation in the DPHA Recognition Program
- Update DPHA Recognition Program exams as necessary
- Publish new Education Program manuals
- Recognize showroom professionals who successful complete the recognition program
This committee meets for 1 hour the second Monday of the month via Zoom.